Monday 3 September 2012

Pecan puffs



I made some pina colada cupcakes for a barbecue recently and wanted to take something else along as well, and was thinking of cookies, until I saw these in the same recipe book as the cupcakes - Eat Me by Cookie Girl, aka Xanthe Milton. They are bitesize so easy to eat at a barbecue and I thought they would be a bit different. They were also quite quick and easy to make, which is always good when you are baking more than one thing at a time!

You need:
55g butter, softened
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
110g pecan nuts
110g self raising flour

Preheat oven to 180C. Chop the nuts in a food processor.





Cream the butter and sugar


Add ground nuts and the flour to the creamed butter and stir in



Roll into balls - I used an ice-cream scoop. Place on a greased and lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.

The recipe says to roll them in icing sugar then pop back in the oven for 2 minutes to glaze, but I either forgot this part or didn't have time. Still, they don't look bad:


They were nice though a little dry so I think they would go better with a cup of tea than eaten at a barbecue, but for a quick and easy bake - and something that children could easily do - they're not bad.

As the letter for this month's Alphabakes is P, I am making my pecan puffs my second entry this month. If you want to take part check out the rules in my post and the prize we have to give away!


I'm also sending this to Bake Fest, guest hosted this month by The Mad Scientist's Kitchen, as they accept as entries anything that has been baked.


6 comments:

Thank you for your comment, all feedback is appreciated - even the negative! However due to a lot of spam comments on this blog I have had to turn on captcha. If you have problems leaving a comment please email me at caroline@carolinemakes.net